ConneXtions is committed to keeping our Participants and families well informed about how the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is changing the ways NDIS support services are delivered. COVID-19 is presenting many significant challenges, and ConneXtions is especially concerned for all people living with compromised immunity and other health conditions.
ConneXtions is committed to doing all we can to avoid unnecessary service disruptions. We have implemented a suite of operational contingency plans aimed at reducing the impact of COVID-19, to keep our employees and participants safe and avoid the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
There will be several key changes to NDIS support service delivery, including new methods and service cancellations. New national social distancing and quarantine laws are strictly enforced, and each State has introduced new rules to stop the virus spreading further. All laws are in place to keep our communities safe from COVID-19. This is all outside of ConneXtions’ control.
A huge amount of information is currently flooding the media, and this in itself can be very overwhelming. So, ConneXtions has gathered links to quality and authorised information and advice to share with you:
- Australian Government Department of Health announced the expansion of Medicare-subsidised telehealth consultation services available to all Australians, including GP’s and registered allied health services to care for people during the COVID-19 pandemic. You can access useful information on protecting yourself and others gov.au|1800 020 080
- NDIS is keeping Participants and Providers informed about essential services and available assistance during the COVID-19 crisisgov.au| 1800 035 544
- NDIA Quality and Safeguards Commission presents links, advices and updates on COVID-19 for Participants and Providers.gov.au| 1800 800110
- Australian Taxation Office Individuals and employees can access assistance including Job-Keeper payments and changes to superannuation ato.gov.au |
- Department of Health and Human Services has a new plan to manage COVID-19 cases amid the outbreakdhhs.vic.gov.au|1300 650 172
ConneXtions requests you use these links and stay up-to-date with the latest advice and recommendations.